How To Remove ScanSoft ssbkgdupdate.exe?
Read Time:5 Minute, 49 Second
Are you see constant pop-ups every time on your Windows asking for the admin password? You have tried to reboot your computer all in vain. This means the auto-updater program, SSbkgd Update, is running in the background of your Windows. The program starts up automatically whenever you start your computer.
You may have installed it or bought your computer with it already installed, but it is annoying you with these pop-ups that you do not require it. Though it is not a virus, spyware, or adware, you can remove it. Check right here how to remove ssbkgdupdate.exe in easy and straightaway steps.
Firstly, we recommend you go through the list of installed programs on your device and search for SSBkgd Update programs. Also, for different Windows, we have varied instructions on how to go about removing the program.
- From the Start button, go straight to the menu list and select Control Panel.
- You have the option Add / Remove Programs. Click on that to get a list of programs in there.
- Scroll through to locate SSBkgdUpdate.
- Highlight the program and hit on Remove button.
- From the Start key, head on to the Control Panel.
- You will find Programs and Features.
- Navigate to the Uninstall program.
- You will see a menu of all the installed programs in your System. Navigate through to locate SSBkgdUpdate
- Highlight and hit on the Uninstall button.
- While on the desktop, right-click on the left corner bottom of the screen.
- A menu list will allow you to choose Control Panel
- Under the Programs and features, hit on the Uninstall a program.
- Look for SSBkgdUpdate and its related programs.
- Hit Uninstall button.
- Be patient, as the process will take a few moments to uninstall process.
- Click on the Start menu and choose Settings
- Then click on System and choose Apps & Features in the left column
- Find SSBkgdUpdate under the list and click Uninstall button near it.
- Confirm by clicking Uninstall button in opened window if necessary.
The above are basic steps of how to remove the SSBkgdUpdate from your computer. You have the option of installing an optimizer software to prevent malicious files like SSBkgdUpdate from running your computer. If you have Asmwsoft Pc Optimizer, the software will block such activities. You can download the small software from the official website.
Whenever you have the app, consider running these simple processes to stop the SSBkgdUpdate;
- Run Asmwsoft Pc Optimizer software by clicking on its icon and hitting the run button.
- After running the app successfully, get into the main window choose Process Manager.
- Wait for few moments for the process list to appear.
- Scroll down to locate the ssbkgdupdate.exe file.
- Hit on the ssbkgdupdate.exe process and right-click. This action will bring up a list. Choose to Add to the block list.
This process successfully blocks the program permanently to run. The noteworthy point is that you must allow the process manager to run for the stoppage to be successful. The easiest way you could do this is to enable the application to run simultaneously with the windows start-up. Go to the Options and choose Load automatically on windows start-up. Hit on the Save settings button.
That is the first tip when using an Asmwsoft Pc Optimizer software. We have for you the second tip on how to get rid of ssbkgdupdate.exe from your Operating System.
- On the Asmwsoft Pc Optimizer window, choose the Start-up manager tool.
- At the Start-up Manager window, locate ssbkgdupdate.exe.
- Disable the program by clicking it. Right-click your mouse button. Several options will come up. Including Delete Selected Item, Permanently Delete Item, or Disable Selected Item. Choose any of these options to remove ssbkgdupdate.exe.
- In the Start-up Manager window, hit the Scheduled tasks toggle and navigate to the program you want to eliminate. For this case, it is ssbkgdupdate.exe.
- Delete, permanently delete or disable to prevent it from running your Windows.
- At the main window of Start-up Manager, click on the Application services toggle. Find ssbkgdupdate.exe. Right-click on the program and choose Disable.
These three processes will get rid of the annoying ssbkgdupdate.exe pop up from your windows. The final tip for removing ssbkgdupdate.exe with Asmwsoft Pc Optimizer includes how to do it on Windows (7, 8, &10).
- Open the Asmwsoft Pc Optimizer to get into the Force Deleter tool.
- The Force Deleter has a list of all the programs on your computer. Browse through to locate ssbkgdupdate.exe.
- When you locate the file, click on it to open it.
- Click once on Unlock and Delete toggle. You will get a confirmation message asking you to select Yes.
With the Asmwsoft Pc Optimizer software, you will also get rid of other annoying processes that you find yet along the way as you use your computer.
Other than removing or disabling programs like ssbkgdupdate.exe, you heed to adopt safe practices for your computer. These will prevent resolve for you a bundle of malicious and useless programs from invading your computer system.
In an overview, we will analyze your ways of keeping your computer clean and tidy computer. These are some of the key recommendations to avoid problems with SSBkgdupdate. They include;
- Scanning your computer for malware.
- Cleaning up your hard drive regularly. You accomplish this by uninstalling programs that you no longer use.
- Check regularly for AutoStart programs.
- Enable Windows update to make sure you use the genuine versions.
- Perform regular backups by setting the restore data options. This will protect your resources if a crash or loss happens.
- Identify processes like ssbkgdupdate.exe that cause you trouble when you are using your computer. Block them before they cause more harm to your computer system.
- Serious computer problems require urgent attendance by specialists. If you find that your Windows has recurring issues, repair the installations or get the latest versions.
Most often, you may experience a problem with ssbkgdupdate.exe that prevents you from handling your tasks. The solutions above should help you to remove this annoying app. Before you begin any removal processes, we recommend that you analyze the SSBkgdupdate.exe process on your device.
To sail through smoothly, you can use a task manager display tool to help display all the Windows tasks running on your computer. That includes hidden processes like browser and keyboard activities. The problem could be more intensive than you think. It could be a security risk involving a trojan, spyware, or malware. That allows you to carry out your decision wisely.